Field Operations Careers
Our field professionals are the heart of PG&E. Passionate about our customers and our communities, they’re on the front line every day using their skills to deliver safe, reliable energy to Central and Northern California. Career opportunities span the following segments of PG&E: Energy Delivery, Engineering and Operations, Customer Care, Power Generation, Energy Procurement and Gas Service.
Electric Distribution Supervisor
Electric distribution supervisors are responsible for overseeing the installation and repair of overhead and underground distribution power lines, as well as vaults and conduit for the electric underground distribution system. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of journey level electric distribution construction experience.
- Climb utility poles and steel structures
- Basic Electricity and Protective grounding principles
- Basic Rigging and other physical skills requirements
- Attend Class “A” driving school and obtain a Class “A” Driver’s License (must obtain Class “A” Driver’s Permit by month 3 and License after month 6 and before the end of the successful completion of the Pre-Apprentice Lineman program)
- Employees in this position will complete a 12-month probationary period. Upon successful completion of the probationary period, Pre-Apprentice Lineman will become an Apprentice Lineman and will begin the formal program towards becoming a Journeyman Lineman.
An Electric Pre-Apprentice Lineman’s principal duties include learning pre-requisite skills and knowledge for becoming an Apprentice Lineman. As a Pre-Apprentice, you will be required to attend and successfully complete the Pre-Apprenticeship Program, which includes formal training and assessments. You will also be required to achieve a set of on-the-job training objectives. During the Pre-Apprenticeship Program, employees must pass training courses that include but are not limited to the following:
Gas Service Representatives (GSR)
GSR's are highly motivated, capable individuals with excellent safety and customer focus skills, as well as, mechanical skills. GSRs respond to gas emergencies and provide safety check and adjustment service on customer-owned gas appliances.
Put your energy to work at PG&E. Search opportunities now.
Ready to start the job application process? Qualification on the appropriate pre-employment test(s) is required for consideration for most field operation positions at Pacific Gas and Electric Company.
We've got good energy
Our employees are vital to the lives of our customers. Learn why PG&E has been rated one of the top companies to work for.