Manufactured Gas Plants
Former Lodi Manufactured Gas Plant
As part of a voluntary program under the oversight of the California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), PG&E is working to investigate and remediate impacts from historical operations at the site of a former manufactured gas plant (MGP) that operated at 712 South Sacramento Street in Lodi. The site is situated in a mixed use commercial residential area and is currently vacant.
Site investigation was recently completed to determine what remedial actions are necessary. While there are impacts to soil, groundwater is not affected at this site. Remediation of soil impacts is expected to begin in spring 2013, based on a Removal Action Workplan approved by DTSC.
The former Lodi MGP operated from 1913 until 1928. PG&E acquired the plant in 1926 and operated it until its closure. PG&E sold the property in 1956 and it was used for a variety of commercial/industrial purposes until PG&E repurchased it in 2006 to conduct this work.
- Work Notice – September 2010
- Work Notice – July 2010
- Work Notice – November 2009
- DTSC Resources & Contact Information
Site-related documents can also be found at:
Lodi Public Library, 201 West Locust Street, Lodi (209-333-5566)