PG&E in the Media
View All Media Stories
460 - 470 of 555
- June 4, 2010The California Public Utilities Commission (PUC) on Thursday approved two renewable energy contracts for PG&E Corp's Pacific Gas and Electric Co to help the utility meet its renewable energy requirements. ...
- June 3, 2010California regulators are giving a first look at what amounts to the instruction manual that will be used by the state's three major electric utilities to create their smart grid ... Source: Greentech Media
- June 2, 2010As the first utility-sized solar farm of its kind to make its way from the drawing board onto California's electrical transmission grid, the CalRENEW-1 project dedicated Wednesday in Mendota is ...
- May 27, 2010Pacific Gas & Electric Company of California topped the list of utilities with the most solar megawatts (MW) added to the grid for the second straight year, according to the ... Source: Sustainable Business
- May 25, 2010They'll weatherstrip your doors, swap your light bulbs and replace your refrigerator for free. Pacific Gas & Electric's Energy Partners program, available to income-qualifying customers, offers residents a free home ... Source: Appeal-Democrat
- May 21, 2010Smart meters lie at the heart of efforts to get Americans to use less electricity. Power generation accounts for about 40% of greenhouse-gas emissions in the U.S. A 2009 federal ... Source: The Wall Street Journal
- May 19, 2010Mark Condit knew that he had something special when he came up with the "Children Achieving Multiple Proficiencies" program for the San Joaquin County Office of Education. A way to ... Source: Manteca Bulletin
- May 13, 2010The city of Fairfield and Pacific Gas and Electric Company recommend that residents having difficulty paying their energy bills contact PG&E to learn more about several assistance programs that could ... Source: The Reporter
- May 11, 2010PG&E Corp.'s (PCG) utility said Tuesday that it has revised a power contract with NRG Energy Inc. (NRG) to use solar panels instead of solar-thermal technology for a solar farm ... Source: Wall Street Journal
- May 10, 2010General Motors Co., maker of the Chevy Volt, is working with electric companies through the Electric Power Research Institute to create vehicle-charging programs that include 500 experimental charging stations. Participants ... Source: Wall Street Journal