June 2013 Greenhouse Gas Allowance Request for Offers (June 2013 GHG Allowance RFO)
Pacific Gas and Electric Company (“PG&E”) is seeking offers from sellers (“Participants”) of California Carbon Allowances (CCAs) on the Intercontinental Exchange (ICE) for compliance with the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Cap-and-Trade Regulations. PG&E seeks offers of ICE CCA Vintage 2013 Futures with June 2013 or December 2013 expiry dates, for transaction as ICE block trades on a single day (“Trade Date”) between June 12 and June 25, 2013. PG&E will notify eligible Participants on the morning of the Trade Date, and Participants will have one hour to submit their Offers. PG&E will not announce the date in advance.
Participants must meet the following eligibility conditions as of June 7, 2013 and for the duration of any transaction entered into pursuant to this RFO:
- Have a Compliance Instrument Tracking System Service (CITSS) User ID and CITSS Account for holding and transferring CCAs
- Be fully enabled to transact block trades of Vintage 2013 CCAs on ICE, meeting all requirements of Eligible Contract Participants as required by ICE and any other pre-requisites for purchasing or selling CCAs on ICE.
- Be authorized to transfer full title and ownership of CCAs to PG&E
The terms and conditions of the Request for Offers are set forth in the RFO Protocol below.
All times are in Pacific Prevailing Time (PPT)
|PG&E issues GHG Allowance RFO||May 31, 2013|
|Deadline to submit the Notice of Intent to Participate||June 7, 2013, by 1:00 p.m. PPT|
|PG&E confirms receipt of NOI and Participant eligibility.||June 10, 2013|
|Opening of Offer Window||Some Date Between June 12 - June 25, 2013|
Detailed schedule and procedure is provided in the RFO Protocol document below.
2013 GHG Allowance RFO Related Information
CARB Reference Materials
- CARB Cap and Trade Website
- Compliance Instrument Tracking System Service (CITSS) Website
- CITSS Help Desk email and phone 866-682-7561
For information or questions about PG&E's GHG RFO, email: GHGRFO@pge.com.