3rd Combined Heat and Power (CHP) RFO
Pursuant to the QF/CHP Program Settlement Agreement effective November 23, 2011, PG&E seeks to acquire a total of 1,387 MW of CHP capacity under power purchase agreements during the Initial Program Period. Through the third solicitation, which is the third of three RFOs to be held during the Initial Program Period, and other alternatives under the Settlement Agreement, PG&E seeks offers to meet its third CHP MW target of 381 MW.
Eligible QFs and CHP generators may execute and submit for PG&E's signature the pro-forma power purchase agreements (PPAs) and Legacy Amendment that were adopted as part of the QF/CHP Settlement.
CHP RFO Events
|PG&E Issues RFO||January 23, 2014|
|Deadline for Participants to submit Preliminary Gas Service Application||January 30, 2014|
|Deadline for Participants to submit registration for CHP Participants' Webinar RFO Webinar Registration (XLS, 60 KB)||February 4, 2014|
|General Participants' Webinar||February 6, 2014|
10:00 a.m. PPT
|General Participants' Offer Form Webinar||February 13, 2014|
10:00 a.m. PPT
|Gas Operations returns Preliminary Application for New/Increased Gas Service||February 18, 2014|
|Offers Due||February 27, 2014|
1:00 P.M. PPT
|Participants notified of shortlist position||April 22, 2014|
|Date for filing CPUC approval for executed PPAs||TBD|
|RFO negotiations conclude||Week of September 8, 2014|
The CHP RFO is used to solicit competitive offers from CHP facilities. For program information or general eligibility requirements see the Protocol document listed below.
Additional information regarding the Combined Heat and Power (QF/CHP) Settlement Agreement can be found at the following website QF website.
Participants' and Offer Form Webinars
PG&E's Webinar for the 3rd CHP RFO was held February 6, 2014.
- Participants' Conference Presentation (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Participants' Conference Audio File (MP3, 21.3 MB)
If the audio portion of the Bidders' Webinar does not open in your browser, you will need to open the Windows Media Player and copy the URL link into your media file application.
PG&E's Offer Form Webinar was held on Thursday, February 13, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to noon.
Power Advocate Instructions and Registration Information (Important!)
All Participants who are interested in submitting a bid package into PG&E’s CHP RFO 3 will need to register with Power Advocate at the following link: https://www.poweradvocate.com/pR.do?okey=40123&pubEvent=true
Only those participants that have been accepted through the Power Advocate platform will be permitted to bid into this RFO.
We strongly encourage you to register now.
- Power Advocate Instructions (PDF, 172 KB) Event Number: 40123
All bid package materials must be submitted on the Power Advocate site by the schedule and time indicated above.
3rd Combined Heat and Power (CHP) Protocol and Appendices
- CHP3 RFO Protocol Document (PDF, 503 KB) updated 01/28/2014
- Appendix A: Offer Form (ZIP, 351 KB)
- Appendix B: Project Description (DOC, 106 KB)
- Appendix C1: Electric Interconnection Information (DOC, 64 KB)
- Appendix C2: FERC 717 Order Waiver (DOC, 34 KB)
- Appendix C3: Electric Transmission Proxy Costs (PDF, 393 KB)
- Appendix D1: Gas Interconnection Information (DOC, 33 KB)
- Appendix D2: CPUC Rule 26 Gas Waiver (DOC, 35 KB)
- Appendix D3: Application for Gas Service Template (DOC, 116 KB)
- Appendix D4: Agreement to Perform Tariff Schedule Related Work (DOC, 39 KB)
- Appendix E1: Credit and Finance Information (DOC, 43 KB)
- Appendix E2: Letter of Credit (DOC, 45 KB)
- Appendix E3: Request for Taxpayer ID (W-9) Form (PDF, 109 KB)
- Appendix F1: 3rd CHP RFO PPA (DOC, 1 MB)
- Appendix F2: Utility Tolling PPA (DOC, 921 KB)
- Appendix G: Confidentiality Agreement (DOC, 53 KB)
- Appendix H: CHP Program Settlement Agreement Term Sheet (PDF, 463 KB)
Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQs (PDF, 153 KB) (Rev. 2.18.2014)
For information or questions about PG&E CHP RFO
E-Mail to: CHPRFO@pge.com