Renewable energy resources presently provide approximately 1/3 of Pacific Gas and Electric Company's (PG&E's) total electric portfolio, including 13% from resources eligible under California's Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) Program. PG&E is seeking new contracts with generators to increase the level of RPS-eligible renewable generation to 20% by 2010-2013. In this 2009 Renewables RFO, PG&E is seeking Offers from sellers pursuant to which PG&E would enter into agreements to purchase energy and capacity from Eligible Renewable Resources (ERR) meeting PG&E's resource needs and California's RPS program for the years 2009 and beyond. Parties interested in submitting Offers in response to this RFO are referred to PG&E's Solicitation Protocol and other RFO-related data and information described below.
2009 Renewables RFO Targeted Schedule
|PG&E Issues RFO||June 29, 2009|
|Notice of Intent to Bid Due||July 17, 2009|
|Bidders Conference||July 21, 2009|
|Bidders Workshop||August 3, 2009 |
|Deadline for Submission of Offers||August 24, 2009 |
|PG&E selects shortlist||October 28, 2009|
|CPUC issues Market Price Referent (MPR)||4th Quarter 2009|
|Execution of Final Agreements and Submit for CPUC Approval||by May 31, 2010|
2009 Renewables RFO Protocol, Power Purchase Agreement, Related Information and Data
- 2009 Amended RPS Solicitation Protocol, Issued June 29, 2009 (DOC, 769 KB)
- Attachments to Solicitation Protocol
- Attachment A: RPS Solicitation Protocol Agreement (DOC, 39 KB)
- Attachment B: Form of Letter of Credit (DOC, 44 KB)
- Attachment C: Notice of Intent to Bid (DOC, 45 KB)
- Attachment D: Offer Form (XLS, 439 KB) Updated 07-31-09
- Attachment E: Participant Credit-Related Information Form (DOC, 497 KB)
- Attachment F: FERC Order 717 Waiver (DOC, 29 KB)
- Attachment G: Non Disclosure Agreement (DOC, 66 KB)
- Attachment H: Form of Power Purchase Agreement (DOC, 0.9 MB) Updated 07-10-09
- Attachment I: Key Commercial Terms for the Option to Acquire a Renewable Generating Facility (DOC, 67 KB)
- Attachment J: Key Commercial Terms of Renewable Power Purchase and Sale Agreement for Renewable Generating Facility (DOC, 108 KB)
- Attachment K: Detailed Least Cost Best Fit Evaluation Criteria (DOC, 398 KB) Revised 08-19-09
- Attachment L: Supplier Diversity Questionnaire (DOC, 25 KB)
- Attachment M: Joint Development and/or Joint Ownership - Required Detailed Participant Information (DOC, 52 KB)
- Attachment N: Short Term Offers, Additional or Substitute Provisions (DOC, 74 KB) Updated 07-10-09
Pursuant to Decision (D) 09-06-018, the utilities were required to use the project viability calculator that was developed and made available by Energy Division staff, to evaluate all bids received in response to their 2009 RPS solicitation. The project viability calculator may be downloaded here or from the CPUC's RPS website.
2009 Bidders Workshop
The Bidders Workshop was presented on August 3 at 10:00 AM (PDT) through the webinar. The intention of the workshop is to provide guidance on “Attachment D” as well as the “PPA”.
To view the Presentation to Attachment D (PPT, 1.6 MB) and the Guidance for Inputs to the Power Purchase Agreement (PPT, 268 KB) run this in slide show mode. If you have any questions send an email to the RenewableRFO@pge.com.
2009 Bidders Conference
PG&E's RPS Bidder's Conference and the Imperial Valley Conference for 2009 was held at PG&E's facilities located at 245 Market Street on July 21, 2009 from 1:00 - 4:00 PM.
The presentations for both conferences are posted below.
We had received several questions from the attendees at the Bidder’s Conference. The Q&A is posted below.
Over 250 people attended the Bidder’s Conference either in the auditorium at PG&E’s facilities or via the webinar. We have had several request to publish the list of the attendees.
- Q&A from the July 21 Bidder's Conference (DOC, 93 KB) Revised 07-30-09
- List of Attendees (XLS, 51 KB)
Q&A from the Renewable RFO mailbox
We have received a lot of questions from the renewable mailbox. We will continue to post these Q&A's as needed.
- Questions through August 7, 2009 (DOC, 108 KB)
California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Decision and Orders
The CPUC issued D.09-06-018 (09-06-018.DOC, 325 KB) on June 8, 2009, that conditionally accepted the RPS Plans. The 2009 RPS Plan was approved on June 29, 2009.
Transmission Ranking Cost for Potential Generation
California Energy Commission (CEC) Guidebooks
- Renewables Portfolio Standard Eligibility Guidebook, Third Edition, January 2008, Publication No. CEC-300-2007-006-ED3-CMF (PDF, 2.7 MB)
- New Renewable Facilities Program Guidebook, March 2007, Publication No. CEC-300-2007-002-CMF (PDF, 466 KB)
- Overall Program Guidebook, January 2008, Publication No. CEC-300-2007-003-ED2-CMF (PDF, 183 KB)
- Existing Renewable Facilities Program Guidebook, Sixth Edition, Publication No. CEC-300-2009-001-CMF (PDF, 692 KB)
For information or questions about PG&E 2009 Renewables RFO
E-Mail to: RenewableRFO@pge.com