Renewable energy resources presently provide approximately 1/3 of Pacific Gas and Electric Company's (PG&E's) total electric portfolio, including 14.4% from resources eligible under California's Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) Program. PG&E is seeking new contracts with generators to increase the level of RPS-eligible renewable generation to 20% by 2010-2013. In this 2010 Renewables RFO, PG&E is seeking Offers from sellers pursuant to which PG&E would enter into agreements to purchase energy and capacity from Eligible Renewable Resources (ERR) meeting PG&E's resource needs and California's RPS program for the years 2009 and beyond. Parties interested in submitting Offers in response to this RFO are referred to PG&E's Solicitation Protocol and other RFO-related data and information described below.
2010 Renewables RFO Targeted Schedule
The timeline for the RPS RFO has been changed and the schedule is still being determined. Pending CPUC approval, the 2010 Renewables RFO is expected to be issued in the second quarter of 2011.
|PG&E Issues RFO||Q2|
|Notice of Intent to Bid Due||Q2|
|Deadline for Submission of Offers||Q2/Q3|
|PG&E selects shortlist||Q3/Q4|
|CPUC issues Market Price Referent (MPR)||TBD|
|Execution of Final Agreements and Submit for CPUC Approval||TBD|
2010 Renewables RFO Protocol, Power Purchase Agreement, Related Information and Data
- 2010 Solicitation Protocol, DRAFT 06-02-2010 (DOC, 751 KB)
- Attachments to Solicitation Protocol
- Attachment A: RPS Solicitation Protocol Agreement (DOC, 40 KB)
- Attachment B: Form of Letter of Credit (DOC, 46 KB)
- Attachment C: Notice of Intent to Bid (DOC, 47 KB)
- Attachment D: We apologize for the inconvenience but the link to Attachment D has been temporarily removed. We will reactivate this link when we receive the Commission decision. If you would like to become familiar with the input fields for Attachment D please refer to our 2009 RPS RFO program.
- Attachment E: Participant Credit-Related Information Form (DOC, 498 KB)
- Attachment F: FERC Order 717 Waiver (DOC, 25 KB)
- Attachment G: Non Disclosure Agreement (DOC, 67 KB)
- Attachment H: Form of Power Purchase Agreement (DOC, 870 KB)
- Attachment I: Form of REC only Power Purchase Agreement (DOC, 410 KB)
- Attachment J: RFO Ownership (DOC, 104 KB)
- Attachment K: Detailed Least Cost Best Fit Evaluation Criteria (DOC, 227 KB)
- Attachment L: Supplier Diversity Questionnaire (DOC, 21 KB)
- Attachment M: Joint Development and/or Joint Ownership - Required Detailed Participant Information (DOC, 46 KB)
- Attachment N: Short Term Offers, Additional or Substitute Provisions (DOC, 74 KB)
- Attachment O: Detailed Term Sheet (DOC, 67 KB)
Pursuant to Decision (D) 09-06-018, the utilities were required to use the project viability calculator that was developed and made available by Energy Division staff, to evaluate all bids received in response to the 2009 RPS solicitation. The project viability calculator may be downloaded from the CPUC's RPS website.
California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Decision and Orders
On June 2, 2010, PG&E filed with the CPUC the Amendment to its 2010 Renewable Portfolio Standard Procurement Plan (PDF, 374 KB) and the 2010 Draft Version of the Solicitation Protocol Document (DOC, 751 KB).
Transmission Ranking Cost for Potential Generation
On October 1, 2008 PG&E filed Draft Transmission Ranking Cost Report (PDF, 651 KB) ("TRCRs") with the Commission. The TRCR's for the 2009 RPS were approved on April 29, 2009 under R. 08-08-009 (PDF, 147 KB).
California Energy Commission (CEC) Guidebooks
- Renewables Portfolio Standard Eligibility Guidebook, Third Edition, January 2008, Publication No. CEC-300-2007-006-ED3-CMF (PDF, 2.7 MB)
- New Renewable Facilities Program Guidebook, March 2007, Publication No. CEC-300-2007-002-CMF (PDF, 466 KB)
- Overall Program Guidebook, January 2008, Publication No. CEC-300-2007-003-ED2-CMF (PDF, 183 KB)
- Existing Renewable Facilities Program Guidebook, Sixth Edition, Publication No. CEC-300-2009-001-CMF (PDF, 692 KB)
For information or questions about PG&E 2010 Renewables RFO
E-Mail to: RenewableRFO@pge.com