2013 Renewables Portfolio Standard
On December 16, 2013 the Commission approved the 2013 Renewable Portfolio Standard (RPS) Procurement Plan that was filed on December 4th, in response to D.13-11-024. In this RFO, PG&E is seeking Offers for bundled energy and capacity from Eligible Renewable Resources (ERRs) and Renewable Energy Credits (RECs). Parties interested in submitting Offers in response to this RFO are referred to PG&E's Solicitation Protocol and other RFO-related data and information described below.
2013 RPS RFO Targeted Schedule
|PG&E Issues RFO||December 16|
|Deadline for Participant to submit registration for Bidders’ Webinar (XLS, 55 KB)||December 17|
|Bidders' Webinar||December 18 at 10:00 A.M.- Noon PPT|
|Stage 1: Offer package due submitted on the Power Advocate site: |
• Introductory Letter
• Attachment D
• Attachment L
• Interconnection Studies.
|December 16 – January 9, 2014 by 1:00 P.M. (PPT)|
|Stage 2: Offer package due submitted on the Power Advocate site:|
• Attachment I
• Attachment J1 – J6
|January 10 – January 16, 2014 by 1:00 P.M. (PPT) *|
|PG&E Notifies Shortlisted bidders and requests Offer deposits||March 13, 2014|
|Participants post bid-deposits and confidentiality agreements are signed||March 31, 2014|
|PG&E 2013 RPS Solicitation Shortlist Expires||March 20, 2015|
* Bid packages during Stage 2 will be accepted in the Stage 1 phase.
Power Advocate Instructions and Registration Information (Important Information)
All Participants who are interested in submitting a bid package into PG&E’s 2013 RPS RFO will need to register with Power Advocate at the following link: https://www.poweradvocate.com/pR.do?okey=38956&pubEvent=true.
Only those participants that have been accepted through the Power Advocate platform will be permitted to bid into this RFO.
We strongly encourage you to register now.
Power Advocate Instructions
All bid package materials must be submitted on the Power Advocate site by the schedule and time indicated above.
- Power Advocate guidelines (PDF, 186 KB)
2013 Renewables RFO Protocol, Power Purchase Agreement, Related Information and Data
Attachments D1 and D2 notice: Attachments are located in the zip file name, “Attachment D1: General Offer Form" and "Attachment D2: REC Offer Form”. To open (unzip) the files, double-click on the zip file. You may then be prompted to specify where you want to store the extracted files. Once extracted, please make sure you Enable Macros otherwise the worksheet will not function properly.
- 2013 Solicitation Protocol (PDF, 257 KB)
- RPS RFO Attachments:
- Attachment A: RPS Solicitation Protocol Terms and Conditions (PDF, 15 KB)
- Attachment B: Form of Letter of Credit (DOC, 46 KB)
- Attachment C: Bidders’ Webinar Registration Form (XLS, 55 KB)
- Attachment D1: General Offer Form (ZIP, 700 KB) updated 12-23-2013
- Attachment D2: REC Offer Form (ZIP, 1.3 MB) updated 12-20-2013
- Attachment E: Participant Credit-Related Information Form (DOC, 36 KB)
- Attachment F: Request for Taxpayer ID Number (W-9) (PDF, 84 KB)
- Attachment G: Confidentiality Agreement (DOC, 60 KB)
- Attachment H1: Form of Power Purchase Agreement (DOC, 681 KB)
- Attachment H2: Form of Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) (DOC, 275 KB)
- Attachment I: Detailed Term Sheet (DOC, 70 KB)
- Attachment J1: Project Description (DOC, 81 KB)
- Attachment J2: Other Project Attributes (DOC, 44 KB)
- Attachment J3: Site Control (DOC, 39 KB)
- Attachment J4: Project Milestone Schedule (DOC, 36 KB)
- Attachment J5: Experience and Qualifications (DOC, 39 KB)
- Attachment J6: Supplemental CEC Filing (DOC, 36 KB)
- Attachment K: Detailed Least Cost Best Fit Evaluation Criteria (PDF, 222 KB)
- Attachment L: Transmission and Interconnection (DOC, 39 KB)
- Attachment M: Additional Project Information (DOC, 39 KB)
2013 Bidders' Webinar
PG&E's RPS Bidders' Webinar for 2013 was held on December 18, 2013 from 10:00 A.M. to Nooon Pacific Prevailing Time (PPT).
The Bidders' Webinar presentation along with the audio file, attendees list and the questions from the Webinar are available.
If the audio portion of the Bidders' Webinar does not open in your browser, you will need to open the Windows Media Player and copy the URL link inot your media file application.
- Bidders' Webinar presentation (PDF, 394 KB)
- Bidders' Webinar audio (MP3, 22 MB)
- Attendee list from the Webinar (XLS, 60 KB)
- Q&A from the Webinar (PDF, 82 KB)
California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) Decision and Orders
For additional background information pertaining to the CPUC Project Viability Calculator please visit the CPUC website at: http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/PUC/energy/Renewables/procurement.htm
California Energy Commission (CEC) Guidebooks
The latest California Energy Commission guidebooks (Renewables Portfolio Standard Eligibility and the RPS Eligibility) are available and downloadable California Energy Commission website.
Frequently Asked Questions
For information or questions about PG&E 2013 Renewables RFO
E-Mail to: RenewableRFO@pge.com