2013 Supplier Diversity Events
As a service to our diverse business community, PG&E’s Supplier Diversity team is pleased to present this calendar of events page. The events listed are specific to promoting business activities, such as match-making, business expos, conferences and other types of networking activities. Please note the events listed may require a registration or fee to attend. It is recommended to directly contact the sponsoring organization for more specific logistical information. If available, a website link for either the event or the hosting organization has been posted. If you wish to have your business event or activity posted, please send your request to the PG&E Supplier Diversity Team.
2013 Supplier Diversity Events
|7/9/2013||2013 NMSDC Minority Business Program Managers Seminar ||Chicago, IL |
|7/18/2013||MBDA - Diverse Suppliers are Safe 2.0 Workshop-Sponsored by PG&E||San Francisco, CA|
|7/19/2013||CDUC Diverse Advertising and Media Outreach Forum||Los Angeles, CA|
|7/21/2013||American Indian Chamber of Commerce Expo 2013||Rancho Mirage, CA|
|7/23/2013||2013 Hydrovision International Conference||Denver, CO|
|7/24/2013||Astra Women's Business Alliance Workshops, Awards, & Matchmaker||San Francisco, CA|
|7/27/2013||National Bar Association's Energy Program||Miami, FL|
|7/30/2013||National Gay Lesbian Chamber of Commerce||Dallas, TX|
|8/8/2013||35th Annual Minority Business Opportunity Expo||Santa Clara, CA|
|8/14/2013||2013 CHCC Annual Convention and Expo||Oakland, CA|
|8/14/2013||Institute for Supply Management Planning Meeting||Chicago, IL|
|8/15/2017||California Black Chamber of Commerce 2013 Ron Brown Business and Economic Summit||Fresno, CA|
|8/21/2013||2013 The Elite SDVOB Network National Convention||San Diego, CA|
|9/11/2013||PG&E DVBE Networking and Matchmaking Event||San Francisco, CA|
|9/15/2013||U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce 2013 National Convention and Expo||Chicago, IL|
|9/19/2013||CAAPCC 2013 Summit and Gala ||San Diego, CA |
|10/3/2013||Alliance for Community Development Bay Area Capital Connections VI||Oakland, CA|
|10/04/2013||ASIAN, Inc. B2B and Annual Convention||San Francisco, CA |
|10/8/2013||Joint Utilities (PG&E, SCE and SDGE)||San Francisco, CA|
|10/9/2013||California Department of Transportation Stockton Area's Small Business Expo||Stockton, CA|
|10/9/2013||CPUC Small Business Expo and Conference||Salinas, CA|
|10/10/2013||PG&E Supplier Diversity LGBT Workshop - How to Do Business with PG&E||San Francisco, CA|
|10/16/2013||ASTRA Workshops, Matchmaker and Expo||Redmond, WA|
|10/18/2013||National Asian American Coalition Tenth Annual Economic Development and Empowerment Conference||San Diego, CA|
|10/23/2013||PG&E Supplier Diversity and Greenlining Institute Construction Forum||San Francisco, CA|
|10/23/13||National Hispanic in Energy Policy Summit||Washington, DC|
|10/27/2013||National Minority Supplier Development Council Conference and Business Opportunity Fair||San Antonio, TX|
|10/28/2013||Pacific Gas & Electric Company 2013 Supplier Conference||San Ramon, CA|
|11/7/2013||CPUC 11th Annual Supplier Diversity En Bank||San Francisco, CA|
|11/12/2013||Pacific Gas & Electric Company PG&E - Boots to Business Workshop||San Francisco, CA|
|11/18/2013||California Asian American Pacific Chamber of Commerce 3rd Annual State of Small Business||Los Angeles, CA|
The following tips may be resourceful in your efforts to do business with PG&E, as well as other companies you visit during outreach or networking events.
- Be prepared and efficient in introducing your company’s products and services. Practice your two-minute introduction. If possible prior to the event, spend time researching the companies you are planning to meet.
- Does your business card list current information, and does it state the services or products offered by your company? In today’s state of technology, it is of value to have available electronic versions of your brochures or company materials. In addition, if you have a website, is your site current?
- After your initial meetings, follow up with contacts by email or telephone call in a timely manner.
- If you are a diverse (woman-, minority-, service disabled Veteran-owned) vendor, be sure to apply for diverse certification with the CPUC Supplier Clearinghouse. If your business is certified, keep your certification current.
- Complete a PG&E supplier profile online.