Direct Access Documents
This location contains links to documents which ESPs will need to complete and submit to PG&E as a part of the Direct Access signup process. You will only need to complete and submit documents which are required for the types of services you intend to provide to DA customers. Please consult Chapter 1 of the Getting Started in Direct Access guide for infomation on the documentation you will need to submit to PG&E.
- Guide for submitting electric Direct Access Service Request (PDF, 9 KB) (DASRs) effective for DASRs received on or after 1/1/99.
- Energy Service Provider Service Agreement (PDF, 65 KB): Service agreement that ESPs must complete and submit prior to participating in Direct Access with PG&E.
- Energy Service Provider Information form (PDF, 4 KB): Information form that ESPs must complete and submit prior to participating in Direct Access with PG&E.
- ESP Credit Application (PDF, 13 KB): Application that ESPs must complete and submit prior to participating in Direct Access with PG&E.
- Corporate Guaranty (PDF, 26 KB): PG&E's standard document for ESPs who are required to provide a corporate guaranty.
- MDMA Qualification Instructions (PDF, 110 KB): Instructions on how to become a qualified MDMA.
- Phone Service Notification (PDF, 6 KB): Form which ESPs must submit to PG&E after phone service has been established for a customer if PG&E will be the meter installer.
- EDI Trading Partner Agreement (PDF, 42 KB): Agreement that ESPs interested in offering Consolidated ESP billing services will need to complete and submit.
- Direct Access Consolidated Billing Options Worksheet (PDF, 22 KB): Form which lists the various detailed consolidated billing options and services which ESPs can specify. ESPs who intend to offer consolidated billing services must complete this worksheet.
- PG&E Bill Format for ESP Consolidated Billing (PDF, 55 KB): Detailed requirements for the representation and transmission of PG&E billing information.
- PG&E Consolidated Billing Pricing Worksheet (PDF, 29 KB): Form which ESPs must use to make changes to the energy billing rates that PG&E will use to calculate DA customer bills.
- PG&E Consolidated Bill Page examples (PDF, 198 KB): Includes examples of the PG&E Summary Bill Page, PG&E Required Notice Page, PG&E Bill Detail Page, and ESP Bill Detail Page.
- Customer Information Release (PDF, 63 KB): Form which ESPs must have customers complete in order to obtain confidential information. Completed forms must be forwarded to PG&E prior to the release of information.
- UDC/MDMA Issue Procedures and Template (PDF, 10 KB): Documentation of procedures that MDMAs will need to follow to submit discussion issues for future Joint UDC/MDMA meetings. This document also contains the template format that MDMAs will need to use when submitting issues.
- EDI Setup Form (PDF, 4 KB): Form which is required in order to setup ESPs for electronic data exchange with PG&E, using Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) protocol.
- DIRECT ACCESS EDI Implementation Guide for Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PDF, 1 MB): (EDI 810 Invoice - Version 4010: "Transaction Set").
- DIRECT ACCESS/BUNDLED SERVICE EDI Payment Order and Remittance Advice Transaction Set Specifications: (EDI 820 - Version 4010: "Transaction Set").
- PG&E Meter Reading Schedule