Electric Service Provider Resource Center
Below are links to documents which Electric Service Providers (ESPs) will need to complete and submit to PG&E as a part of the Direct Access (DA) signup process. You will only need to complete and submit documents which are required for the types of services you intend to provide to DA customers. Please consult Chapter 1 of the Direct Access Guide below for information on the documentation you will need to submit to PG&E.
- The Electric ESP Handbook (PDF, 845 KB) - Guide to participating in Direct Access with PG&E.
- Direct Access Metering and Data Handbook (PDF, 1.2 MB) - Guide for Direct Access (DA) metering and data information.
Direct Access Forms
- Customer Information Release (PDF, 102 KB) - Form which ESPs must have
customers complete in order to obtain confidential information. Completed forms
must be forwarded to PG&E prior to the release of information.
- Energy Service Provider Service Agreement (PDF, 270 KB) - Service agreement that ESPs must complete and submit prior to participating in Direct Access with PG&E.
- Energy Service Provider Information Sheet (PDF, 54 KB) - Information form that ESPs must complete and submit prior to participating in Direct Access with PG&E.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- EDI Trading Partner Agreement (PDF, 457 KB) - Agreement that ESPs interested in offering Consolidated ESP billing services will need to complete and submit.
- EDI Setup Form (PDF, 10 KB) - Form which is required in order to set up ESPs for
electronic data exchange with PG&E, using Electronic Data Interchange protocol.
Meter Data Management Agent (MDMA)
- MDMA Qualification Instructions (PDF, 186 KB) - Instructions on how to become a
- Direct Access Consolidated Billing Options Worksheet (PDF, 22 KB) - Form which
lists the various detailed consolidated billing options and services which ESPs can specify. ESPs who intend to offer consolidated billing services must complete this worksheet.
- PG&E Bill Format for ESP Consolidated Billing (PDF, 55 KB) - Detailed requirements for the representation and transmission of PG&E billing information.
- PG&E Consolidated Billing Pricing Worksheet (PDF, 29 KB) - Form which ESPs must use to make changes to the energy billing rates that PG&E will use to calculate DA customer bills.
- ESP Credit Application (PDF, 13 KB) - Application that ESPs must complete and
submit prior to participating in Direct Access with PG&E.