(Revised November 2011)
Welcome to pge.com This Website, pge.com, (the "Website") is operated by Pacific Gas and Electric Company (“PG&E,” “the Company,” “we,” “us” or “our”). We are located at 77 Beale Street, San Francisco, California 94105; telephone 1 (800) 743-5000.
- User Accounts
- The Website offers a variety of functions and services, as described more fully below in Section 3 below (“Services”). Many of the Services provide information about customer accounts and other personal information. To protect privacy, we may require you to establish one or more user accounts to access such Services (“User Account”). We reserve the unqualified right (i) to accept or decline to accept an application to open a User Account; (ii) to terminate any User Account and (iii) to discontinue the provision of any Service related to such User Account.
- In connection with opening your User Account, you will either designate or receive a user name and password to establish your identity when you login to use certain Services. You agree (i) to provide accurate and complete information when opening a User Account; (ii) to update your information as necessary so it remains accurate and complete and (iii) not to impersonate any other person, operate under an alias, or otherwise conceal your identity.
- The right to use the Services and functions of a User Account on the Website is limited to you as the enrolling party. You are responsible for safeguarding your user name and password and agree to hold PG&E harmless from any claims resulting from improper use of your user name and password. You agree to be responsible for all acts or omissions with respect to use of your User Account. Please notify us immediately by sending us an email message if you believe the security of your user name or password has been compromised in any way.
- Residential Area. Residential and small business customers can enroll in and access the following services in the Customer Service Online (“CSOL”) area of the Website:
- View and Pay PG&E Bills. You can view and pay your PG&E bills by using the e-Bills service (“e-Bills”) within PG&E’s CSOL. By using e-Bills, you agree to stop receiving monthly paper bills, and will view and pay your PG&E monthly bills online through the Website.
- Other CSOL Services. You may also use CSOL to analyze bills; view usage history; schedule gas service appointments; start, stop or transfer services; make payment arrangements for past due balances and access other services as they become available.
- Business Area. Certain business customers can enroll in and access services in the Business Tools area of the Website to analyze energy usage; review billing history; compare rates; and check energy outage and restoration status.
- Customer Energy Management. The Website offers information about energy-efficiency measures and energy conservation programs developed by or for the Company that is available to the public.
- Merchant Information. The Website may enable you to search for third-party businesses selling energy-related goods and services in certain geographical locations. PG&E IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH ANY THIRD PARTY SELLING ENERGY-RELATED GOODS OR PROVIDING SUCH SERVICES AND DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY SUCH BUSINESSES, GOODS OR SERVICES.
- Sites for Children. The Website has areas intended for the use of children. These areas contain information about energy and safety that is presented and formatted for children, kindergarten to 10th grade. The Website also includes free guides for teachers to use in the classroom.
- Promotions. The Company may from time to time offer promotions, surveys, contests or sweepstakes (collectively, “Promotions”) to its residential or business customers. All such Promotions will be accompanied and governed by rules established by the Company. For further information about such Promotions, please consult the applicable rules posted with or linked to such Promotions.
- Outside Services
The Website will enable you to access certain outside services provided by third-party web operators. In certain instances, the third-party content may be “framed” in such a way it appears you are still on PG&E’s Website. In such cases, we will have agreements with those third parties whose websites you may be transferred to, under which the third parties agree to provide content without errors and omissions. They also agree to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, and to use it only to help us serve you.
- Linking, Framing, Bots and Spiders
- Links to Third-Party Sites. The Company displays links to websites or electronic services sponsored by third parties. PG&E is not responsible for the content or operation of third-party websites or electronic services reached by virtue of such links or content, and the presence of such links or content does not imply PG&E endorses or is affiliated with such third-party websites, services or third parties, or any services or products they offer. The submitting third parties, and not the Company, are solely responsible for any advertisements, opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, data, information, content, or other materials that such third parties express or make available.
- Links to the Website. The Website may not be linked to in such a way that the pages of the Website are displayed within a frame on a third-party website, or are otherwise displayed on a browser screen accompanied by advertising or other content not found on the Website. The fact that a third party provides a link to the Website will not in any way be or imply an endorsement, agency, joint venture or similar relationship between PG&E and any such third party.
- Mining. No user or third party is authorized to use any software, bots, spiders, or other information-gathering devices or programming routines to monitor, copy, or otherwise "mine" information displayed on the Website for display on or use with any Website or service, except as authorized by PG&E or by a PG&E customer of record.
- The trademarks, service marks, logos, graphics, page headers, button icons, scripts, domain names, URLs and other identifiers (“Trademarks”) used and displayed on the Website are registered and unregistered Trademarks of the Company and others in the United States and other countries. No display or use of such Trademarks may be made without the express prior written permission of PG&E or other Trademark owner, as the case may be. You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing PG&E’s name or Trademarks without the express prior written permission of PG&E.
- If you believe that material included on the Website infringes another party’s trademark rights, contact us promptly so PG&E may investigate the situation and, if appropriate, block or remove the material.
When you login to Services requiring a user name and password, any personal information you enter in fields or forms provided in these Services are secured using an industry standard security technology known as Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”). By using SSL, we attempt to safeguard the confidentiality of your user name, password and other personal information. For SSL to work, your browser must be capable of supporting SSL. Please check with your browser manufacturer for details.
- User Conduct
While using the Website or any Service, you may not:
- Retransmit, republish, distribute, reuse, resell, repost, re-engineer or make multiple copies of the Website or any portion thereof without PG&E’s prior written consent.
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute through the Website any material that infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, service mark, trade dress, trade secret or other proprietary rights, or which violates any contractual, fiduciary, or judicially imposed nondisclosure obligations.
- Engage in conduct, during use of the Website, that is unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, defamatory, libelous or invasive of the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute through the Website any material that contains advertising solicitations, bulk unsolicited e-mails or spam, chain letters, pyramid opportunities or offers for the sale of goods or services.
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute through the Website, or place any links on the Website to, any material that is vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable.
- Alter, interfere or disrupt the content or functioning of the Website or the Service, including but not limited to uploading, posting or transmitting any material that (i) contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that damage, interfere with, capture, intercept or expropriate the Website or any data contained therein; or (ii) disproportionately burdens the operation of the Website.
- Use the Website to gain unauthorized entry or access to other computer systems or networks.
- “Mirror” the Website or any of its content on any other server without the express prior written permission of PG&E.
- Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, forge headers, or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content you post or otherwise transmit to us or via the Website.
- Upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce or distribute through the Website any material encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law, regulation or government order.
In PG&E’s sole and absolute discretion, we may, without notice, restrict or terminate any person’s use of the Website and any service, user accounts, user names or passwords. Upon termination, you agree to immediately delete or destroy any downloaded or printed material obtained from the Website. Any such restriction or termination will not relieve any person of obligations incurred and accrued prior to the effective date of such termination.
- Disclaimer of Warranties
- The Website and any content, information, software, functions and applets provided on or through the Website are made available on an “as is” and “as available” basis. PG&E does not warrant the Website or any content or Service provided in connection with the Website will be timely, secure, uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects in the Website or in any content or service provided on or through the Website, if any exist from time to time, will be corrected.
- The Company will not be responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in the operation or transmission of the Website, any Services or related content, for communication line failures, or for computer viruses associated with the operation of the Website. The Company makes no warranty regarding any information made available through or on the Website. THE COMPANY MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
- Limitation of Liability
- PG&E, its affiliates or subsidiaries, and their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors, or assigns, will not be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential, incidental, exemplary, special or punitive damages (including without limitation damages resulting from lost data, lost profits or costs of procurement of substitute products or services) arising out of or in connection with the Website or any of the Services available on or through the Website.
- In no event will the liability of PG&E, its affiliates or subsidiaries, or their officers, directors, employees, agents, successors or assigns, under any theory of liability (whether in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) exceed $500, regardless of whether such parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS IN SECTION 11 (“DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES”) AND THIS SECTION 12 (“LIMITATION OF LIABILITY”) MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Director, Online Communications
Mail Code B29G
77 Beale Street
P.O. Box 770000
San Francisco, CA 94177