23. Details of Gas Charges: Includes your rate plan
This section describes the service period and confirms the address at which gas is received. Your service agreement ID number is different from your account number. A service agreement documents your particular arrangement with PG&E (including rate plan). This section also includes your rate schedule information, which identifies the type of utility service you receive and how PG&E calculates your bill.
24. Gas Usage: Notes your gas usage by tier during a given timeframe
- Customer charge: Customers on certain rate plans are charged a fixed fee for service, regardless of the amount of energy consumed, as well as charges based on usage.
- Gas charges: Understanding your gas charges starts with understanding therms. Therms are the units used to measure your gas use. You are billed based on how much gas, in therms, you use each month.
25. Taxes and Fees: Account information that may affect your total charges
State and local governments may place taxes on your energy use.
26. Total Gas Charges: Total gas charges, including credits and taxes
The total charges for your electric use, including any credits and applicable taxes.
27. Daily Usage Chart: Shows you when you used the most gas this month
This daily usage chart visually shows which days you used the most gas this month.
28. Service Information:Details about the gas meter at your business
The meter at your business tracks your electricity usage. Your Prior Meter Reading indicates the reading on the meter at the beginning of the billing period, and your Current Meter Reading indicates the reading at the end of the billing period. Your Total Usage is the difference between these two readings.
29. The meter at your business tracks your gas usage. Gas Procurement Cost: *
The utility’s cost to buy natural gas and transport it to its local pipeline system. The price usually changes on the first business day of each month.
30. Additional Messages: Timely information from PG&E
If relevant, PG&E uses this space to share timely information, ranging from summer safety tips to regulatory updates.