Peak Day Pricing is a PG&E program that gives you a discount on regular summer electricity rates in exchange for higher prices on 9-15 Event Days per year—typically the hottest days of the summer. The program is being introduced to encourage energy conservation when demand is higher, as required by the California Public Utilities Commission. By using less electricity on Peak Day Pricing Event Days when the power grid is under the most strain, you will help keep California's energy supply reliable for everyone—plus your business could save money. Here's what you need to know:
- There are 9-15 Peak Day Pricing Event Days per year.
- On Peak Day Pricing Event Days, a surcharge is added to your regular time-of-use rate during the peak period of 2-6 p.m. To minimize the impact, we’ll send you an alert the day before so you can plan to conserve or shift your energy use.
- Rates are discounted† at all other times from May 1-October 31.
- Participate risk-free for the first 12 months with Bill Protection. If you pay more during your first year on Peak Day Pricing, you will receive a credit for the difference.
- You can opt out of Peak Day Pricing any time. If you don’t make a decision before your scheduled transition date, your account will automatically transition to Peak Day Pricing. Log in to My Energy, your online PG&E account, to see whether you have services scheduled for transition. You can enroll or opt out at the bottom of the page.
Log In »