- Your generator size must be less than or equal to 1 megawatt (1,000 kilowatts).
- Your generating system must be powered by an eligible renewable power source.
- You are not interconnecting to a secondary network distribution line.
- Your generating system components have been reviewed and approved by PG&E.
- You have first established an electrical account with PG&E at the interconnection site. If another company supplies your electricity, you must contact that company about net energy metering.
- You have completed and supplied all required documentation to PG&E.
- You have allowed PG&E to inspect your system and install the required “net meter” accessible to a PG&E meter reader.
- You have received written authorization from PG&E to operate in parallel.
A Net Energy Metering (NEM) account works with a second rate schedule, which is referred to as your otherwise-applicable-rate schedule (OAS). You request an OAS in your Interconnection Agreement. The OAS determines the rates and charges for setting up the NEM meter and the calculation of your NEM bills. Your OAS may be any metered rate schedule for which your account would be eligible if you did not have a generating facility, and does not have to be the rateschedule established prior to your becoming a NEM customer.