First Responders Workshops
First Responder workshops are held at various locations across the PG&E service area and take place throughout the year.
The Workshops are designed to provide First Responders with the information needed to educate response personnel about emergencies involving natural gas and electric utility equipment and services. Information about additional educational resources and where to order educational materials will be provided during the class. Learn more about ordering additional educational resources.
Workshop Topics PG&E First Responder Workshops will cover a wide variety of topics and are led by PG&E resources and subject matter experts.
- Identify important components of natural gas and electric utility infrastructure and recognize emergency conditions.
- Use best practices to handle utility-specific emergencies and adhere to specific do's and don'ts when on the scene of an emergency.
- Identify the dangers of step and touch potential and avoid contact with energized sources.
- Respond to natural gas hazards and avoid dangers presented by migrating natural gas and secondary ignition sources.
- How to utilize the First Responder website, which provides first responders with valuable links to industry resources and training materials.
- Gain knowledge about PG&E's updated natural gas emergency response checklists.