Scheduled Load Reduction Program (SLRP)
The Scheduled Load Reduction Program (SLRP) pays you to reduce your electric load during pre-selected time periods that you specify in advance. You select the time period, the weekdays, and the load reduction. To receive the incentive, you simply reduce your load by this committed load reduction during your selected time period on your selected weekdays.
You qualify for SLRP if you meet all of the following requirements:
- Currently a PG&E bundled electric service customer.
- Billed on one of the following electric rate schedules: A-10, A-10 TOU, E-19 (including voluntary), or E-20.
- Have a minimum average monthly demand of 100 kW.
- Not participating in other mandatory load curtailment demand response programs except the Demand Bidding Program (DBP).
You select one to three four-hour time periods (between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.) on one or more weekdays. You are required to reduce load each and every time your selected SLRP options (day of the week and corresponding elected time) occur. Your load reduction cannot be shifted to an on-peak time period (noon to 6 p.m.) on another day.
- The committed load reduction must be at least 15 percent of your average monthly demand or 100 kW, whichever is greater.
- Load reductions are measured relative to a baseline that is specific to your facility. This baseline is your facility's average load during your selected time period(s) on the previous 10 weekdays excluding days when you were paid to reduce load.
- Once enrolled, you may adjust your committed load reduction, alter your curtailment schedule or discontinue participation once each year during the month of November.
- You will receive a regular reminder of your scheduled load reduction in advance through InterAct, PG&E's Internet-based energy management system.
Enroll by submitting an application using PG&E's online enrollment system. You can also use this system to manage and track your application. Login/Enroll
- You must have an interval meter that can be read remotely by PG&E. If you meet the qualifications and do not have an interval meter, PG&E will install one at no charge.
- You are responsible for the installation and monthly fees associated with telephone equipment and a dedicated phone line to the meter.
- The program will pay you $0.10/kWh per month (June through September) for your actual energy reductions.
- The actual energy reductions are the difference between a baseline calculated using your non-SLRP days and your actual energy usage during your SLRP hours on your SLRP days.
- If you do not reduce load by at least 15 percent of your average monthly demand or 100 kW, whichever is greater, on a particular SLRP day and hour, then you will not receive an incentive payment for any load reductions on that specific day and hour that may have achieved for that event.
- Your regular electric service bills will continue to be calculated each month based on your actual recorded monthly demands and energy usage.
For more information about how your business can benefit from our demand response programs, contact your PG&E Account Representative or call PG&E at 1-800-468-4743.
Please review the tariff (PDF, 118 KB) for this program carefully, as it contains additional details not provided here.