Customized Retrofit Incentives
(previously known as Non Residential Retrofit – NRR, also known as the Statewide Customized Offering for Business)
Save energy and money with Pacific Gas and Electric Company’s customized incentives for business energy efficiency retrofit projects involving the installation of high-efficiency equipment or systems.
Incentives for 2010
Businesses that install energy-saving equipment are rewarded with cash payments, based on the actual annual kWh or therm savings that are achieved.
|2010 Incentives Rates|
|Lighting||$0.05 / kWh||Other||$0.09 / kWh|
|AC&R I||$0.15 / kWh||AC&R II||$0.09 / kWh|
|Natural Gas||$1.00 / therm||All Measures||$100 / Peak KW|
The 2010 program opens January 1st 2010. Applications are accepted until December 31, 2010 or until all of the Utility Administrator's customized incentive funds are committed.
- You must be a PG&E customer and pay the Public Goods Charge on
your electric and/or natural gas bill.
- You must submit a project application.
- PG&E must inspect and approve the project prior to the removal of the
existing equipment/systems and the installation of new equipment/systems.
- PG&E finalizes the incentive amounts after completing project approval.
The actual incentive amount may vary from the submitted amount.
Customized Retrofit – Demand Response
PG&E also offers technology incentives for the installation of equipment or control software that provide Demand Response for Customized Retrofit. Businesses that install and utilize demand response equipment are rewarded with incentives based on the amount of peak load reduction they are able to achieve.
Some Examples of Eligible Measures
- Interior and Exterior Lighting retrofits
- Chiller replacements
- Variable-Speed Drive installations
- Reflective Window Film installations
- Boiler replacements
- See Section 1 of the Statewide Customized Offering Manual for more examples
Total incentive payments are based on actual reduction in energy usage. Customers and/or their consultants may sponsor projects under this approach. Be sure to contact PG&E early in the process and before you start your project, so that we can help you identify the appropriate application forms, confirm your eligibility, offer advice on the technical aspects of your application, generally, and walk you through the process.
Use our Statewide Customized Calculation Tool to estimate your potential energy savings financial incentive and to support your application. The 2010 program manual and application for the non residential retrofit are also included with this calculator.
How To Apply
- 2011 Customized Retrofit Application Form. (XLS, 781 KB)
- Mail it to your PG&E representative or to the address on the application
Statewide Customized Offering Manual
- Introduction Summary of Offering Rules (PDF, 51 KB)
- Section 1 Offering Overview and Policies (PDF, 349 KB)
- Section 2 Estimating Energy Savings and Incentives (PDF, 490 KB)
- Section 3 Demand Response Program Overview and Policies (PDF, 160 KB)
- Appendix A. Sample Agreement (PDF, 105 KB)
- Appendix B. Table of Standard Fixture Wattages and Sample Lighting Table (PDF, 929 KB)
- Appendix C. Minimum Equipment Efficiency Standards (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Appendix D. Building Descriptions and Climate Zones (PDF, 683 KB)
- Appendix E. Table of Pre-Qualified LED Fixtures/Luminaires and Qualification Process (PDF, 527 KB)
For more information, contact your PG&E representative at 1-800-468-4743 or email the Business Customer Service Center. We encourage you to contact PG&E before submitting your application and other required documentation.