Requirements and Technologies
- Customer must receive electrical service from PG&E.
- Property must be equipped with central AC or a heat pump (Evaporative coolers, window and wall units are not compatible).
- Customer must be the property owner or have written permission (PDF, 219 KB).
- Life support and medical baseline customers do not qualify to participate.
|SmartAC equipment and installation are free and come with PG&E's free technical support and customer service, as long as you remain a part of the SmartAC program.|
is installed on or near the outside of the air conditioner. For convenience, this installation does not require an appointment.
- If you own your home, sign up online
- Program participation must be authorized by a property owner at the premise. Renters or lease holders may participate with the owner’s written approval.
- Ownership of the installed devices will vest with the property owner.
- As a condition of participating in this Program, customer and property owner must agree not to deface, remove or otherwise interfere with the device or its operation while the customer is enrolled in this Program.
- More information for renters
- Life support and medical baseline customers do not qualify to participate
- Written permission must be obtained from each tenant in order to participate
SmartAC Program benefits include:
• Financial incentive after installation
• Maintain control over your comfort and participation
• Help prevent summer power interruptions while staying comfortable
Already Signed Up?
If you are already enrolled with SmartAC, here are some helpful links
SmartAC Tech Support
Contact your PG&E Account Representative or call PG&E at
1-866-908-4916 or email us